Buttock augmentation, also popularly known as Brazilian butt lift or Butt implant is a procedure that enhances the gluteal area. This procedure makes the buttocks look younger, fuller and shapelier. Most commonly the enhancement or reshaping of buttock is done by injecting the person’s own fat.
Reasons to consider Buttock Augmentation
There can be several reasons for both men and women to go for buttock augmentation procedure but they do need an expert to assess and advise on the same. Dr. Paul Fortes’ vast experience in the plastic surgery can help you increase your confidence in your decision and might also help in deciding the type of procedure you should undergo.
The following are the common reasons to consider buttock augmentation:
1. By birth few have small buttocks and find it disproportionate with the body frame.
2. Flat buttocks are also a very common reason to option for butt lift for a more shaped and younger look.
3. Buttocks are very difficult to shape with diet and exercise especially after pregnancy or excessive weight loss so cosmetic surgery can help you bring back to the desired shape.
4. Asymmetric buttocks can also be a reason. With buttocks like that it is very embarrassing to wear swimwear and certain kind of slim fit clothes.
How is Buttock Augmentation Done?
The technique of buttock augmentation has evolved tremendous in the past few years. If you are considering this option it is very important to know about the two most common techniques used:
1. Silicone implants:
In this procedure, augmentation is performed using solid silicon implants, which are inserted with in the buttocks beneath the muscles. Mostly this procedure is used for the person who cannot be injected with fat.
2. Fat grafting or liposuction:
Liposuction is performed by extracting the person own natural fat from the donor sites and process the fat to the most pure form. The processed fat is reinjected into the necessary areas with the help of very micro injections in very small quantities to give a lifted look.
Augmentation with own fat has numerous advantages as the procedure’s recovery time is less than two weeks. The final look is very natural and the body is not implanted with the foreign object so rejection rate is nil.
Dr. Paul Fortes believes that every patient is one-of-a-kind and so the treatment. The cost also varies and depends on several factors:
1. The type of procedure of augmentation you chose.
2. The length of the procedure depends on patients requirement and the amount of work the cosmetic surgeon needs to put in to get the desired result so the cost also various accordingly.
3. The duration of hospitalization also depends on the recovery time, which differs from person to person.
Finally, the outcome of the procedure is younger, shapelier and enhanced buttocks sculpted by those experienced hands. So it is very important to choose those skillful hands sensibly.