Pregnancy and child birth can take a toll on the mother’s body. Mommy makeover cosmetic surgery is the most effective solution available to restore a pre-pregnancy figure for women who are unhappy with their current size and shape of the breasts, abdomen, and other areas.
During the initial consultation, the surgeon will careful determine a woman’s candidacy for a mommy makeover surgery. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Paul Fortes provides this surgery to patients in Houston, Texas, Beaumont, Port Arthur, TX, and other cities in the region.
When to Consider a Mommy Makeover?
A woman should weigh certain pros and cons before deciding on a major plastic surgery procedure such as a mommy makeover. She may consider this surgery if:
- Her pregnancy has adversely impacted the size and shape of the breasts, giving an oversized or smaller or saggy look.
- She is unhappy with the appearance of sagging skin around the abdominal area and stretch marks.
- She has developed stubborn fat tissue deposits in areas such as the abdomen, waist, arms and thighs, which are now resistant to diet and exercise.
Women who are bothered by the appearance of one or more of the following physical characteristics following child birth may be suitable candidates for a mommy makeover:
- Breast volume has decreased, breasts are asymmetrical, breasts are sagging, nipples are pointing downwards, or areolas have stretched.
- Breasts have become excessively large after child birth and nursing, and look disproportionate to the rest of the body, or are causing pain and discomfort in the back and neck.
- Loose skin and stretch marks have appeared in abdominal area, and the waistline is now poorly defined and thicker.
- Following a C-section, the woman has areas of fat hanging over the surgical scar.
- Unwanted fat pockets have appeared in the flanks, hips and thighs.
- Early signs of aging can be noticed in the face and around the eyes.
An ideal candidate for a mommy makeover will have moderate and stable body weight, a positive state of mind, clear aesthetic goals and realistic expectations.
Abdomen and Breast Appearance
The two most important areas that are typically impacted during a pregnancy include the abdomen and the breasts. To determine whether the candidate requires a tummy tuck surgery as a part of a mommy makeover, the surgeon will assess the amount of loose skin that a patient has below the belly button. Loose skin indicates that the abdominal skin during the pregnancy has been stretched beyond its ability to shrink back. This can be effectively corrected during a mommy makeover.
Some women may lose baby weight following pregnancy, leaving them with smaller, sagging breasts. In such cases, the woman may be a good candidate for breast implants or breast lift or both as a part of a mommy makeover. In a few cases, the breasts may overgrow, which will require breast reduction surgery instead of breast augmentation.
Accomplished cosmetic surgeon Dr. Fortes receives patients from Houston, Texas, Beaumont, Port Arthur, TX, and nearby areas for mommy makeover surgery.
For more information about the cosmetic surgery treatments and procedures performed by Houston Plastic Surgeon Dr. Paul F. Fortes please click here or call 713-489-7996. Serving patients in Houston, Katy, The Woodlands, Beaumont, Port Arthur and other surrounding areas of Texas.