A candidate for breast implant cosmetic surgery should have a clear understanding of what the procedure involves, what are its benefits and limitations, and how long will it take to recover after the surgery.
Each patient may have certain questions or concerns in her mind, and she should feel free to ask these questions and clear all doubts at the time of pre-operative consultation.
A committed surgeon will make sure that all questions of the patient are answered in an accurate and detailed manner to her complete satisfaction. Wherever the patient does not understand an answer, she should ask the surgeon again to gain more clarity. Board certified and impressive plastic surgeon Dr. Paul Fortes provides breast implants to patients in Houston, Texas, Beaumont, Port Arthur, TX, and other communities and neighborhoods in this area of the energy powerhouse that is known as Texas.
A relationship of trust and open communication lays down the foundation for a successful breast implant surgery. This should happen during the initial consultation process. If the patient and surgeon develop a good rapport with each other, it will help throughout the surgical and recovery process, and contribute to a more satisfactory outcome.
During the consultation, the surgeon may present breast implant plastic surgery before and after images to ensure that she forms realistic expectations. She could also go through testimonials of past patients to learn about breast implants from the perspective of another patient.
List of Questions
At the time of pre-op consultation, the patient may ask the following pertinent questions to clear any doubts and concerns:
- Are you board certified in plastic surgery?
- How long have you trained, and what is your experience in the field of cosmetic surgery?
- Have you performed breast surgeries previously, and what is your success rate in these procedures?
- Am I an ideal or suitable candidate for breast implants?
- Will you perform the procedure using general anesthesia or IV sedation?
- Would you recommend a hospital or a surgery center to perform my surgery?
- How long will it take inside the operating room?
- What type and size of breast implants should I select?
- Are there any risks and complications that I should be aware of?
- How long will the breast implants last, and can I replace them in future?
- In case of an implant failure, or if the patient wants to replace the implants, would you perform a breast revision?
- How long and painful will be the recovery following breast implant surgery?
- Will I be able to breastfeed in the future?
- Will the scarring be conspicuous after the incisions have healed?
- How much will the breast implant surgery cost me?
- For how long will I need to wear a surgical bra after the surgery?
- Do you think I require breast implants along with a breast lift?
- How can I contact you in case of an emergency?
Fabulous and innovative cosmetic surgeon Dr. Fortes receives patients from Houston, Texas, Beaumont, Port Arthur, TX, and other communities and suburbs in this geographical region of the country for breast implant surgery and various other procedures.
For more information about the cosmetic surgery treatments and procedures performed by Houston Plastic Surgeon Dr. Paul F. Fortes please click here or call 713-489-7996. Serving patients in Houston, Katy, The Woodlands, Beaumont, Port Arthur and other surrounding areas of Texas.