Liposuction currently ranks as the most popular cosmetic surgery procedure in the US. However, the wide acceptance for liposuction among both women and men should not distract them from asking the right questions to learn all about the procedure and make a well-considered decision.
A responsible surgeon will encourage the patient to ask questions during the initial consultation, and provide comprehensive answers.
The key to success in liposuction lies to a great extent in selecting the best surgeon for the job after knowing their professional credentials. Informed patients typically have more confidence about the procedure and are able to appreciate the final outcomes in a better way. Board certified and fabulous plastic surgeon Dr. Paul Fortes provides liposuction to patients in Houston, Texas, Beaumont, Port Arthur, TX, and surrounding communities.
Key Questions to Ask
An idea for a patient would be to keep noting down the questions that cross their mind while they are considering liposuction plastic surgery procedure. Once a complete list of questions is ready, they can carry it to the surgeon’s office for the pre-op consultation. Some of the vital questions may include:
- Do you have a board certification in plastic surgery from the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS)?
- How many years of training and experience do you have in the area of medical and cosmetic surgery?
- Have you previously performed liposuction surgery, and what is your success rate in this procedure?
- Do you have operating privileges at a local hospital or an accredited surgery center where my liposuction can be performed?
- Do you have a team of fully trained and compassionate staff to assist with my procedure?
- Will I be able to meet you during each of my visits to your office in connection with my surgery?
- Can I have access to liposuction before and after images of your previous patients?
- Can you provide me with testimonials of some of your past patients who have shared their experience with your practice?
- Would you introduce me to one of the team members who can give me a brief office tour?
- Would you recommend general or local anesthesia to perform my liposuction surgery?
- Which liposuction technique would be most appropriate in my case?
- How long will it take to recover after liposuction?
- Are there any potential risks and side effects that I should know of?
- What would be the estimated cost of liposuction, including pre- and post-operative costs?
- Will your office be able to offer me guidance about financing options?
Before visiting the surgeon for a liposuction consultation, the patient should review their practice website to familiarize themselves with the practice. They may also check the surgeon’s online presence over social media or their reviews and ratings on third party websites.
Patients in Houston, Texas, Beaumont, Port Arthur, TX, and other cities and neighborhoods in this area of the state have an opportunity to receive state of the art aesthetic surgical and non-surgical procedures from experienced and remarkable cosmetic surgeon Dr. Fortes.
For more information about the cosmetic surgery treatments and procedures performed by Houston Plastic Surgeon Dr. Paul F. Fortes please click here or call 713-354-5123. Serving patients in Houston, Katy, The Woodlands, Beaumont, Port Arthur and other surrounding areas of Texas.